FOSTERING AUTONOMY AND ACCOUNTABILITY: DEVELOPMENT OF STATE-OF-THE-ART HE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR EFFICIENT CHANGES IN LINE WITH BOLOGNA PRINCIPLES
GOVERN is a three-year national project, under the priority of Governance Reform, EACEA NÂ° 35/2012, 6th call and Structural Measures action. The wider objective is to enable application of the state-of-the-art management system at Armenian HEIs for promoting effective and efficient structural changes in line with Bologna agenda thus enhancing HEIs autonomy and accountability. The specific objectives target enhancement of autonomy and accountability of HEIs through:
The principle outcomes and outputs include:
- Building on the capacity of administrative staff for managing system changes efficiently.
- Revising the legal (system level) and regulatory (HEI level) frameworks in line with Bologna action lines.
- Establishing the state-of-the-art university management system through overhaul of approaches to system changes: strategic, financial and human resource management.
- Introducing working approaches to student-centered educational provisions: ECTS and academic programme management to assure quality and promote student mobility.
The HEIs are from a single CIS country â€“ Armenia. It will allow deeper understanding of the needs of developing systems and customization to specific country and institutions priorities. The universities are from a single CIS country â€“ Armenia. It will allow deeper understanding of the needs of developing systems and customization to specific country and institutions priorities Within The project EQ will
- Building on capacity of top and middle level administration to enable Bologna action lines implementation.
- New legal (system-wide) and regulatory (HEIs) frameworks in line with Bologna lines.
- State-of-the-art management system based on new approaches to strategic and structural management, budget allocation, human resource management.
- Indicators and criteria for academic programme and student mobility operationalization.
- New approaches to managing academic programmes and office of academic affairs and registrar (installation of student portal and student affairs information management system).
- Support in the development and delivery of trainings at WUS, CESIE and khleuven (WP1),
- Provide consultancy and feedback on the developments of regulatory frameworks, especially the lines that refer to operationalization of such bologna action lines as integration of ECTS (WP2),
- Advise the universities and feedback on their developments of the units of academic affairs and registrar,
- Support the HEIs in their development of questionnaires for the database to be established,
- Consult on human resource, structural and human resource management (WP3),
- Provide its experts to participate in ASIIN's system evaluation of HEIs (WP4),
- Participate in different dissemination activities and provide translation services for the guidelines and the major conferences (WP5),
- Along with ANQA EQ will conduct quality control and monitoring activities and participate in report writing (WP6) as well as be represented on the PGB,
- Participate in the synopsis of ANQA and ASIIN standards, in a workshop on the evaluation standards and approaches at YSLU,
- Provide expert for the expert panels for evaluation of HEIs system performance,
- Feedback on the gap analysis and refined tools.